ABOUT ME AND THIS BLOG.

Santa Fe, Santa Fe, Argentina

Blog Archive

04/06/2015

PRACTICE OF VERB TENSES: PAST SIMPLE AND CONTINUOUS.

Complete the sentences with the words in parentheses using the SIMPLE PAST or the PAST CONTINUOUS: 


1. Christine ______________________ (eat) dinner last night when you ______________________ (knock) on the door.
 2. I ______________________ (begin) to study at nine last night and I ______________________ (still / study) at eleven. 
3. When Jack ______________________ (drop by) to visit me, I______________________ (have) dinner. 
4. Did your parents call you last night while you _______________________ (watch) TV?
 5. When Sam ______________________ (finish) his assignment I ______________________ (talk) to my friend on the phone. 
6. Yesterday Alicia and Gaby ______________________ (go) to the cinema; yet, I stayed at home to finish my project. 
7. As we ______________________ (travel) from Paris to Brussels we ______________________ (stop) at a small restaurant to get something to eat. 
8. While I ______________________ (try) to repair the leaking roof, I ______________________ (fall) down. 
9. My brother ______________________ (be born) in Lisbon in 1986. 
10. I ______________________ (graduate) from Oxford in 1997.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Answers: 
1. Christine was eating dinner last night when you knocked on the door. 
2. I began to study at nine last night and I was still studying at eleven. 
3. When Jack dropped by to visit me, I was having dinner. 
4. Did your parents call you last night while you were watching TV? 
5. When Sam finished his assignment I was talking to my friend on the phone.
 6. Yesterday Alicia and Gaby went to the cinema; yet, I stayed at home to finish my project. 
7. As we were travelling from Paris to Brussels we stopped at a small restaurant to get something to eat. 8. While I was trying to repair the leaking roof, I fell down. 
9. My brother was born in Lisbon in 1986.
10. I graduated from Oxford in 1997. 

No comments:

VISITORS TO THE BLOG.

free counters