ABOUT ME AND THIS BLOG.

Santa Fe, Santa Fe, Argentina

Blog Archive

10/07/2023

Past Perfect Tense: Examples.

 

  1. My kids were really exhausted and ready for sleep because they had both played soccer for hours that afternoon.
  2. My daughter had won the two previous spelling bees which made her feel very disappointed when she lost this year to another student.
  3. had just arrived at the airport gate when I saw the attendant closing the gate.
  4. My teacher thought she had sent out letters to all the parents about the upcoming field trip until she found all the papers sitting in the copy tray.
  5. had paid my son an allowance last year but asked him to get a job this year instead.
  6. My son had volunteered to help me in the garden all summer until he realized how much work it actually was.
  7. Had you concentrated harder on learning your ABCs in elementary school, these reports would not be as difficult for you to write now that you have an office job.
  8. Can you tell me how much money you had saved up before your student loan became due?
  9. had played a trick on my neighbors this past Halloween, but then they called the police and reported me.
  10. My friend had slept over at my house for the last two weeks and then I spent the next two weekends at his place.
FROM:  https://7esl.com/past-perfect-tense/ 

No comments:

VISITORS TO THE BLOG.

free counters