ABOUT ME AND THIS BLOG.

Santa Fe, Santa Fe, Argentina

Blog Archive

01/05/2009

PRACTISE SOME COMMON PHRASAL VERBS.

Have you --found out if you won the competition yet?
I need to --get away from work and take a holiday.
My daughter is a great cook, she really --takes after her mother.
Could you --hold on a moment while I see if Marek is in his office?
She promised to --cut down her cigarette smoking to six a day.
He spent the entire night thinking and in the end --came up with a brilliant idea.
Donata --looked after my cats while I was away on holiday.
We're not ready yet, we are going to have to --put off the meeting until next week.
I'm --looking for Simon's address. Do you know it?
Mary --turned up twenty minutes late for the party.
If you really want to lose weight, you need to --give up eating desserts.
Let's --go over the grammar one more time before the test.
I was --looking for an old t-shirt when I --came across this photograph of my high school class.
Look Magda, I've --put up with your bad behaviour long enough!
You don't think I believe that ridiculous story you --made up, do you?
I think you need to --take up a new hobby to help you relax.
Jacek and Gosia --broke up last week. They just weren't happy together.
We'd better stop soon. Otherwise, we'll --run out of petrol.
Unfortunately, I had to --tell off Bob because of his poor performance recently.
Our flight was delayed, but we finally --took off shortly after midnight.
Could you speak up, please? i find it hard to hear what you are saying!!!
Teenagers tend to look up to their favourite singers or actors.

ADAPTED FROM: http://www.world-english.org/phrasalverbs.htm

No comments:

VISITORS TO THE BLOG.

free counters