ABOUT ME AND THIS BLOG.

Santa Fe, Santa Fe, Argentina

Blog Archive

16/09/2008

PHRASAL VERBS!!

-put on (weight) ... ... gain (weight)
I try not to eat too much chocolate because I put on weight very easily.
-Account for - To explain
They had to ACCOUNT FOR all the money that had gone missing.
-Answer back - To reply rudely to someone in authority
Her mother was shocked when she started ANSWERING her BACK and refusing to help.
-Ask out - To invite someone for a date
He wanted to ASK her OUT but was too shy.
-Ask for - Request to have or be given
I ASKED FOR the menu.
-Be up to - Doing something naughty or wrong
What are those kids UP TO?
-Be taken aback - Be shocked or surprised
I WAS TAKEN ABACK when I saw him because he's lost all his hair.
-Be fed up - Be bored, upset or sick of something
I AM FED UP of his complaints.
-Calm down - Stop being angry or emotionally excited
When I lose my temper, it takes ages for me to CALM DOWN again.
-Do without - Manage without something
There's no sugar, so you'll have to DO WITHOUT.

No comments:

VISITORS TO THE BLOG.

free counters