ABOUT ME AND THIS BLOG.

Santa Fe, Santa Fe, Argentina

Blog Archive

23/10/2017

PAST SIMPLE, PAST CONTINUOUS OR PERFECT.

Choose verbs from below and write them in the PAST SIMPLE, PAST CONTINUOUS OR PERFECT.
drive  – get – see  - receive - happen- try - start-

I'm Steve, a motor mechanic and this is the story of something strange that -----------------to me about five years ago.
It was a freezing cold winter. One day I------------a call to assist a motorist whose car had broken down and was stuck in the snow.
As I------------------to the place where the motorist was stranded, I noticed that the snow was getting heavier. When I------------the phone call, I was sure I knew where the motorist was. But when I got there, I couldn't see a car anywhere. I----------to call my office, but my mobile's battery was dead. I looked around, the snow had stopped, but it was lying thick on the ground.
I got out of the car and --------------looking for some sign of the motorist. I looked down and saw some footprints in the snow. I began following them. They led over a small bridge and across a park. It was freezing cold. 

I had been following the footprints for about five minutes when I ---------a phone box about one hundred metres away. I listened. I heard a noise. …….

No comments:

VISITORS TO THE BLOG.

free counters