ABOUT ME AND THIS BLOG.

Santa Fe, Santa Fe, Argentina

Blog Archive

31/07/2015

MUST / HAVE TO / NEEDN'T (pre-intermediate level)


Fill in the gaps:

  1. I ____ work from nine to three every day except Sunday.
  2. Are you sure we ____ see Aunt Lucy tonight?
  3. Sheila ____ go to university on Tuesdays. Tuesday is her day off.
  4. I've got a terrible headache. I think I ____ take an aspirin.
  5. Let's run. We ____ get home before dark.
  6. You look so pale. I think you ____ see a doctor.
  7. It's a pity we ____ work on such a lovely day.
  8. We ____ work even on such a lovely day if we want to finish soon.
  9. She ____ take exams at the end of each term.
10. She ____ learn more if she wants to pass the exam.
11. My brother ____ cook meals, he's only a waiter.
12. The room is tidy, you ____ clean it.
13. 'Are you a driver?' - 'Yes, I ____ drive a lorry.'
14. We ____ walk, there's a bus to the hotel.
15. You ____ feed the baby, she isn't hungry.

Possible solutions:

  1. I have to work from nine to three every day except Sunday.
  2. Are you sure we must see Aunt Lucy tonight?
  3. Sheila doesn't have to go to university on Tuesdays. Tuesday is her day off.
  4. I've got a terrible headache. I think I must take an aspirin.
  5. Let's run. We must get home before dark.
  6. You look so pale. I think you must/should see a doctor.
  7. It's a pity we have to work on such a lovely day.
  8. We must work even on such a lovely day if we want to finish soon.
  9. She has to take exams at the end of each term.
10. She must learn more if she wants to pass the exam.
11. My brother doesn't have to cook meals, he's only a waiter.
12. The room is tidy, you needn't clean it.
13. 'Are you a driver?' - 'Yes, I have to drive a lorry.'
14. We needn't walk, there's a bus to the hotel.

15. You needn't feed the baby, she isn't hungry.

No comments:

VISITORS TO THE BLOG.

free counters